Make this sauce and put it on your steak RIGHT NOW!
Chimichurri is a sauce that can easily be whipped up in a few minutes and ready to serve after about an hour of letting all the flavors get to know each other. This is the green version (chimichurri verde) originating in South America’s Argentina and Uruguay regions. Traditionally, there are fewer ingredients in authentic chimichurri than what’s seen here, but the added flavors really round out everything that’s good about herbs in a vinaigrette.
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro*
- 2/3 cup quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice (roughly half a lime)
- salt and pepper to taste (1/2 – 1 tsp)
- Chopped chili’s, chili flakes, your favorite hot sauce (optional)*
- If cilantro tastes like soap to you, you’re genetically inferior, just leave it out and double the parsley
- If you’re going with the heat option, you probably know what you like. You do you buddy
The hard part
- Throw all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Cover and throw that greeny goodness into the fridge for at least an hour.
Grab Yer Spoon
This sauce is great on steak. Of any kind. Don’t be afraid of drowning that bite of steak in this seasoning bomb of flavor. Heck, just eat spoonfuls of it if that strikes your fancy. Authentic chimichurri ain’t got nothin’ on this.